Wednesday, October 3, 2012

New Town and Project News

I've complete the editing on chapters one and two, and I'm at ten thousand words. I'll be composing the rest from scratch - the anthology had a limit of ten thousand words, and I need to get to twenty, minimum. I'll start chapter three after my midterms are done.

In other news...

I've moved to a new city, one with all four seasons. There were really only two seasons in the desert regions of California - winter and summer. One day in October, it just stops being summer and immediately becomes winter. If there was a spring or fall, it lasted 8-10 days max. The midwest is a different beast, though, and I've discovered that my t-shirts and shorts just aren't gonna cut it until November.

I really need to find some time to shop.

I got a second job, and in addition to my first job and graduate school, I've got my plate full. Oddly enough, I get a lot more writing done now that I have less time - it seems that when I know I only have an hour or two to get my thousand words for the day done, they come a lot easier.


No comments:

Post a Comment